March 2, 2012

Update: The Baby Hope Project

The past couple of weeks have been crazy at school, and, as expected, I only had a little sleep. I am just happy that it is Friday today - not only because I can catch up on my sleep, but also because I can finally update you on the Baby Hope project that transpired on February 11, 2011! Make sure you read the follow-up letter at the bottom of this post from the Williamson family!

I had a wonderful day with the Williamson family as they served Bernice, a deaf widow in Birmingham, and even met some awesome people from Angie’s church. I was assigned to the demolition and reconstruction crew who rebuilt the front porch and painted the front part of the house on a ladder. I was exhausted by the end of the day, but my heart was overflowing with joy knowing that God was glorified throughout the whole day. Thank you for your prayers (and financial support toward the Williamson family) on the project day – you have made a big difference in their lives and Baby Hope!

Our project appeared on two local news stations that evening! You can view the stories here, and you can also find me in fluorescent green shirt:

NBC Story: http://video.alabamas13.com/v/51782598/couple-helps-widow.htm

CBS Story: http://www.cbs42.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=3267976

The Williamson family also created a brief video on YouTube which I love, and it gives you a great summary of what was accomplished. They are still accepting donations, so if you want to contribute money of any amount, please go to http://www.bothhandsfoundation.org/eric-and-angie-williamson.aspx and click on the “Donate” button. If you donate through PayPal, a (3%?) fee will be imposed to your donation. So, in order to avoid the fee, simply cut and mail a check to this address:

Lifesong for Orphans
PO Box 40
Gridley, IL 61744
Preference: Williamson #2368

Follow up ltr copy

No comments: