June 12, 2014

Summer 2014 Prayer Update

What has God accomplished in my life, and what will He do with in the next few months? Read my summer prayer update letter to find out!

1) Completed my third year at Beeson Divinity School

Beeson Lake February 13 2014
"The Divine Sea"
Beeson Divinity School
February 2014

I finished my third year at Beeson this past May, and I passed Hebrew! I was initially concerned that the Hebrew language would jeopardize my seminary career, but God really helped me to learn this biblical language. I was able to do exceptionally well in four of my classes, and I am pleased with my final grades. I could not have done this well without your prayers!

Also, only one more year remain until I graduate with my Masters in Divinity degree in May 2015! I’m beginning the process of looking for a job after I graduate from seminary. Please continue to keep me in your daily prayers.









2) Summer Internship @ In His Hands Deaf Ministry at Cross Pointe Church of Nazarene


Cross Pointe Church of Nazarene
I’m sitting in Salisbury University’s Starbucks in Salisbury, MD right now enjoying a cup of dark roast coffee, in the company of two esteemed ministers of the Gospel – Rev. Stephen Hause and Dr. Rickey (Rick) McClain.

Yes, I am actually in Salisbury, MD.

To be honest, I did not expect to spend my summer in the Eastern Shore of Maryland. But an opportunity was given to intern with Rev. Stephen Hause, pastor of In His Hands Deaf Ministry at Cross Pointe Church of Nazarene, for the next ten weeks, and I am grateful for it. Although located in Maryland, the Eastern Shore feels like a far-away country (some people don’t consider it part of Maryland!). I will be here until August 10th and am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me this summer. I need your prayers because the Eastern Shore has unique ministerial challenges unlike anything I’ve faced in the past.


3) 21st Century Deaf Church Colloquium in Louisville, KY

From June 19th – 22nd, several colleagues will gather in Louisville, KY for a colloquium facilitated by Bob Ayres, Director of Deaf Teen Quest - Youth for Christ, USA. As part of his Doctor in Ministry research praxis project at Beeson Divinity School, Bob Ayres wanted to gather selected individuals to talk about the future of Deaf churches in the postmodern and pluralistic world. I am privileged and humbled to participate in this gathering, and I am positive God will accomplish extraordinary things as a result. Your prayers will be needed as I travel to and from Louisville, KY and during the discussions that will take place over the weekend.





May 2014 008
Jacksonville, FL
May 2014
4) And then there’s a girl…

On March 1st, I began dating a wonderful woman of God who has been my friend for a long time: Mary Beth (her last name was withheld for confidentiality reasons). I met her seven years ago at a Deaf youth ministry conference in Louisville, KY, and we remained friends ever since that time. Mary Beth is a second-year student at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, and we have had many delightful conversations about our studies at our respective seminaries. We were also able to spend some quality time together over the past three months in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida, and I am excited about her upcoming Maryland visit in August! We are currently praying  for our future, and we would love to have you pray for us as well.



Thank you once again for your faithful prayers and support!

No comments: