June 22, 2012

Bon Voyage!


I am departing Birmingham in a few hours with a group from Samford University on a 14-days trip to Istanbul, Turkey. After a brief flight, we will hop onto another plane in Atlanta for an overnight flight to Amsterdam, Netherlands (eight hours total). We will have a seven-hour layover in Amsterdam until we depart for Istanbul, Turkey. We expect to arrive around midnight on Sunday, and I think all of us will be exhausted by then!


This is my first time traveling overseas, and I am pumped about touching BOTH Europe and Asia continents in my first overseas excursion! I guess I can now brag to my sister that although I traveled the world once, I was able to touch two continents at the same time (she went on a 14-days trip to Belarus a few years ago, the one which I blogged about a few years ago).

With all of my bags packed and things ready to go, I decided to post a quick note on this blog and ask you to do a favor for all of us. Please pray for us while we are in Turkey. While we are assured that God always protects and watches over his people wherever they go. Pray that God will shelter us from the wiles of the Evil One, bring us safely to and from Turkey, and protect each one of us from any form of illnesses or injuries while we are traveling.

I might not be able to update this blog everyday while I am in Turkey, but I will most certainly try to share a bit about my trip with all of you whenever possible. I will not have access to my phone during this trip, so aside from sporadic e-mails to my loved ones in Maryland and occasional blog updates (time permitting), I will be going incognito!

Since I will have a long flight to and layover in Amsterdam and if I actually stay awake (I didn’t sleep well last night – pre-trip nervousness, you know), I will be reading The Pastor: A Memoir by Eugene H. Peterson (see graphic on the right) on the plane. If I don’t finish this book by the time I reach Turkey, I will by the time I come home. It came to me highly recommended by a seminary colleague and classmate.

Thank you for your support and prayers as always!

No comments: